Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pictures: Douglas Fairbanks And Mary Pickford

While I'm working away on my essay about Mack Sennett and the Keystone Studios, here's a photo of fan favorites Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford. I stole it from one of my favorite blogs, Pictures. It's in French but true to the blog's name, the pictures are wonderful.

The blog's author, Dsata, describes herself thusly: "Je suis une femme et je ne suis pas disponible."

Can't argue with that, even if I knew what it means.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! that is a great photo. Katie Melua did a neat little song/video for them that i found on youtube.

Mythical Monkey said...

Is it this one? Click here.

Anonymous said...

yes ;o)

Douglas Fairbanks said...

I don't want to change the tenor of this oh-so-refined periodical, but I must confess:

All that Mary wore under that dress was her modesty.


If ya know what I mean. . . .

Thanks for helping me remember.